RangerLane's Daily Bread: Friends and the Great Beyond.

Friday, May 02, 2008

Friends and the Great Beyond.


Ya know, sometimes this world has a way of really reeking havoc with your emotions. Circumstances are always changing and that in itself can sometimes be an unsettling thing. Know doubt each of us experiences times of height and elation. Then during others we feel as if we are in the pit of despair.

Whether it be on the top of the mountain or the bottom of the pit, we all seem to reach for one thing; a friend.

Friends have the amazing ability to either lift us out of the pit or boost us on their shoulders so that we might attain heights we never thought imaginable.

Praise be to the GOD our heavenly Father, Jesus His amazing Son, and the Holy Spirit who lives and breaths within us - cuz brother or sister, I got friends.


A pair just celebrated an anniversary, their 15th. Not long ago another celebrated their 64th. Another called to share the sound of 3000 voices lifting up their praise in song at the Pepperdine Lectures. Another pair is traveling home with tear filled eyes to lay to rest a beloved sibling. Another delivered his first public testimony about how faith in the Lord Jesus has transformed his life. Another is home renovating his yard. Another is letting me help restore a car. Another plays beautiful music to me. Another occasionally rubs my back to sooth my tension. Another has shared my bed for these past 22 years (yes I know she's my wife, but she is also my friend). Yet another chose me, encouraged me to live a life of love, then bore my sins to the cross of Calvary.

My apologies for all those who I did not mention. I could spend the rest of the day, scratch that, the rest of my life describing the people who daily encourage me and lift me up. I just wanted to say thanks. Thank you to all who have loved or befriended me. It means a lot.

Time, distance, and circumstance often prevent us from being with the ones we love. Though cellphones and the world wide web have made the world a smaller place, they are nothing in comparison to the life that awaits us on the other side.

I long for that place where time and space hold no power. Instead we will with one heart and one voice be eternally united in loving grandeur in the Great Beyond.


Until then my friend, I will miss you dearly as long as you're away.



In Christ our Lord


-Uncle Lane


John 15

13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command. 15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17This is my command: Love each other.

1 Comments:

At 11:06 PM , Blogger The Griffith Family said...

WOW Lane... you're an awesome person. I wondered why the plan was only for a short time here in WA and now I can honestly say that I know now why God brought our family all the way over here to the west coast... it was to be blessed with wonderful friends just as you are to us. I'm thankful for that and know that He wanted you on our list...
I'm sad to leave but I'm ready to move on to see what else He has in store for us. Thank goodness for cell phones and the world wide web....BUT we still hope you'll set that aside and come for a visit to the east coast. Our doors will always be open to you and your family. Enjoyed our weekend hanging out...thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home